1. Name of the Organization
La Maison des femmes de Québec
2. Our Mission
The primary mission of La Maison des Femmes de Québec is to defend and promote the rights of women who are victims of domestic violence, as well as their children, by offering them shelter, support and listening services. As an independent community organization, La Maison des Femmes de Québec is also involved in the prevention of and fight against domestic violence by raising public awareness.
3. Our Values
Inclusion, Cooperation, Solidarity, Respect, Justice
4. Our Services
- 24/7 telephone listening support
- Free shelter for any person identifying as a woman, with or without children
- Psychosocial support for children staying at the shelter
- Administrative, legal, immigration, etc. support and guidance (even if you are not staying at the Maison)
- Individual and/or group intervention
- Support in developing protection scenarios
- Consultation services for close relatives and professionals
- Linkage to other resources
- Post-shelter follow-up
- Training and awareness on domestic violence
5. Our Commitments
The women who call on the Maison des Femmes have rights that the Maison is committed, at all times, to respecting:
- the right to privacy, confidentiality and intimacy
- the right to fairness, equality and non-discrimination
- the right to autonomy through respect for one’s capacity to decide and act
- the right to respect for one’s needs and pace
- the right to protection and safety
- the right to accessible, adequate and quality services
- the right to information about one’s rights
- the right of access to one’s file
6. Complaint Mechanism
If you have a complaint about the services presented in this section, contact Barbara Ann Marcoux, Coordinator responsible for receiving complaints.
As a plaintiff, you will be informed of the outcome of your complaint and, if applicable, of what has been done to resolve the situation.
Please note that the Maison reserves up to 10 working days to process any complaint.
7. Contact Information and Opening Hours
La Maison des Femmes de Québec – Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
PO Box 48023, Québec City, QC, G1R 5R5
This declaration of services was adopted on June 20, 2022.